Highest Waterfall in India : List of Waterfalls in India
- Kunchikal Falls in Shimoga District Karnataka is the highest waterfall in India with a height of 1493 feet.
- The highest waterfall in India (Kunchikal Falls) is formed by the Varahi River.
- Dudhsagar falls is known as the ‘Sea of milk’, it is formed from the Mandovi River.
- Ranchi, the capital city of Jharkhand is known as the city of waterfalls in India.
- Nohkalikai Falls located near Cherrapunji is the tallest plunge waterfall in India. Its height is 1115 feet (340 metres) and is one of the wettest places on Earth.
- The Western Ghats are known as the Cherrapunji of South India.
- Nohsngithiang Falls (also known as the Seven Sisters Waterfalls or Mawsmai Falls) is a seven-segmented waterfall located 1 kilometre south of Mawsmai village in East Khasi Hills district in the Indian state of Meghalaya.
|Name of the Waterfall||Height||District||State|
|Nohkalikai Falls||340 metres (1,120 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Nohsngithiang Falls||315 metres (1,033 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Dudhsagar Falls||310 metres (1,020 ft)||Sanguem||Goa|
|Kynrem Falls||305 metres (1,001 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Meenmutty Falls||300 metres (980 ft)||Wayanad||Kerala|
|Thalaiyar Falls||297 metres (974 ft)||Dindigul||Tamil Nadu|
|Barkana Falls||259 metres (850 ft)||Shimoga||Karnataka|
|Jog Falls||253 metres (830 ft)||Shimoga||Karnataka|
|Khandadhar Falls||244 metres (801 ft)||Sundargarh||Odisha|
|Vantawng Falls||229 metres (751 ft)||Serchhip||Mizoram|
|Barehipani Falls||217 metres (712 ft)||Mayurbhanj||Odisha|
|Kune Falls||200 metres (660 ft)||Pune||Maharashtra|
|Soochipara Falls||200 metres (660 ft)||Wayanad||Kerala|
|Magod Falls||198 metres (650 ft)||Uttara Kannada||Karnataka|
|Kunchikal Falls||183 metres (600 ft)||Udupi||Karnataka|
|Joranda Falls||181 metres (594 ft)||Mayurbhanj||Odisha|
|Hebbe Falls||168 metres (551 ft)||Chikkamagaluru||Karnataka|
|Duduma Falls||157 metres (515 ft)||Mayurbhanj||Odisha|
|Palani Falls||150 metres (490 ft)||Kullu||Himachal Pradesh|
|Lodh Falls||143 metres (469 ft)||Latehar||Jharkhand|
|Bishop Falls||135 metres (443 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Chachai Falls||130 metres (430 ft)||Rewa||Madhya Pradesh|
|Keoti Falls||130 metres (430 ft)||Rewa||Madhya Pradesh|
|Kalhatti Falls||122 metres (400 ft)||Chikkamagaluru||Karnataka|
|Beadon Falls||120 metres (390 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Keppa Falls||116 metres (381 ft)||Uttara Kannada||Karnataka|
|Koosalli Falls||116 metres (381 ft)||Udupi||Karnataka|
|Pandavgad Falls||107 metres (351 ft)||Thane||Maharashtra|
|Rajat Prapat||107 metres (351 ft)||Hoshangabad||Madhya Pradesh|
|Bundla Falls||100 metres (330 ft)||Kangra||Himachal Pradesh|
|Shivanasamudra Falls||98 metres (322 ft)||Mysore||Karnataka|
|Lower Ghaghri Falls||98 metres (322 ft)||Latehar||Jharkhand|
|Hundru Falls||98 metres (322 ft)||Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|Sweet Falls||96 metres (315 ft)||East Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|
|Agaya Gangai Falls||92 metres (302 ft)||Namakkal /Salem||Tamil Nadu|
|Gatha Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Panna||Madhya Pradesh|
|Teerathgarh Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Baster||Chhattisgarh|
|Kiliyur Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Yercaud||Tamil Nadu|
|Kedumari Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Udupi||Karnataka|
|Muthyala Maduvu Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Bangalore Rural||Karnataka|
|Tirathgarh Falls||91 metres (299 ft)||Bastar||Chattisgarh|
|Langshiang Falls||85 metres (279 ft)||West Khasi Hills||Meghalaya|