SAT Math syllabus comprises topics like algebra, problem-solving, data analysis, and advanced Math. SAT math syllabus includes two parts- Math Test Calculator and Math Test-No Calculator. There are a total of 58 questions to be answered. Math Test-Calculator includes 38 questions to be answered within 55 minutes and Math Test-No Calculator includes 20 questions to be answered within 25 minutes. The difficulty level of SAT Math questions ranges from 9th grade to postsecondary level.
SAT Math Syllabus Overview
SAT Math and verbal are the two most important subjects of the exam. SAT Math is also present in SAT subject test which is divided into SAT Math Level 1 and SAT Math Level 2. Below is the SAT Math syllabus of the SAT general exam:
|Types of Questions||Multiple choice questions and Grid-in questions|
|Total number of Questions||38+20=58 questions in total|
|Time allotted||Calculator part- 55 minutes Non -Calculator part- 25 minutes|
|Questions Based On||Algebra, Problem Solving, and Data Analysis, Passport to Advanced Math, Additional Topics in Math|
|Passage Writing Modes||One nonfiction narrative, one to two informative/explanatory texts, and one to two arguments|
|Complexity Level||9th-10th grade to early post-secondary|
Detailed SAT Math Syllabus
Math SAT syllabus constitutes of the following:
Algebra is one of the most important sections of the SAT Math exam. This Maths SATs paper contains 19 questions.
- Analyze and then solve the linear equations and systems of linear equations.
- Make linear equations and inequalities that represent the relationship between quantities and solve the problem.
- Understand and use the relationship between linear equations and inequalities and their graphs to solve problems.
Problem-solving and Data Analysis
SAT Math practice includes practicing 17 questions of Problem-solving and Data Analysis.
Further analysis :
- Create and analyze relationships using ratios, proportional relationships, percentages, and units.
- Represents and analyzes quantitative data.
- Find and apply probabilities within the context.
Passport to Advanced Maths
This section contains 16 questions and it involves:
- Identification and creation of an equivalent algebraic expression.
- Then Creating, analyzing, and fluently solving quadratic and other nonlinear equations.
- Create, using the graphing exponential, quadratic, and other nonlinear functions.
This section contains 6 questions from random topics like triangle, circle, polygon, and more.
- Solving problems from the area and volume of figures.
- Definitions and theorems related problems from- lines, angles, triangles, and circles.
- Sums from right triangles, the unit circle, and trigonometric functions.
Questions from Cross-Test Scores
Questions in this section are from the no-calculator portion and are more conceptual in nature and don’t require a calculator to be solved.
- Analysis in Science- 8 questions.
- Analysis in History/Social Studies- 8 questions.
Math SAT Score Calculator
The Math SAT score calculator is calculated in a range of 200-800. As is mentioned earlier, SAT math has 2 sub-sections. The calculator permitted section includes questions with difficult calculations and some can be used without the calculator. Here, the use of a calculator sometimes costs a huge time.
The candidates need to understand whether the use of a calculator will be fruitful especially for the no calculator section, as the questions are generally easy. However, it will always be useful to learn the tables and divisibility rules to master these questions quickly. The new SAT Math practice tests will help candidates develop their mathematical skills. Candidates taking SAT subject test can refer to the SAT Math 2 raw calculator.
The table below shows SAT math scaled score based on SAT math raw score.
|SAT Math Raw Score||SAT Math Scaled Score|
SAT Math Preparation Tips
The SAT math questions can be successfully acquired by following the steps during your SAT preparation:
- Go for new SAT math practice tests and also previous year SAT math practice test papers
- Engage in SAT Math calculator section practice for developing your skills to solve tough questions
- Do practice test paired with an answer sheet
- Memorize the formulas and strategies during the Maths SAT practice
- Thoroughly practice and review the weak points
- Study from SAT math flashcards on the go
- Fundamental calculation is a necessity since SAT Math tests the high school knowledge
- Practice speeding up since the no-calculator section might consume slightly more time
- Do SAT math calculator section practice for critical sums
- Learn SAT preparation time management for math
- Learn from SAT Math preparation books like:
- The College Board’s Official SAT Study Guide(2006) – Check PDF
- Barron’s SAT, 29th Edition – Check PDF
Kalli’s SAT Pattern Strategy – Check PDF
Kaplan SAT Prep Plus 2021- Check PDF
The Princeton Review’s Cracking the SAT, 2020 Edition – Check PDF
McGraw Hill Education SAT Elite 2021 Edition – Check PDF
To sum up, SAT math has an extensive syllabus and daily practice is the key to success here. In the market there are best SAT subject test math 2 prep books, SAT subject test math 2 study guides are available that enhance your performance and boost your confidence.