SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2023
SSC will hold a computer-based examination with 100 multiple-choice questions. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL, with 100 questions that account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2023 details are given below:
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam are:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut-off. No mark will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted by a candidate.
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern|
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes(For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 minutes)|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2023 (Revised)
- Staff Selection Commission will be conducting the SSC CGL Tier-2 exam in 3 phases- Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
- Paper I is Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper II will be only for candidates who apply for the Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) posts in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Paper III will be only for those candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer on Paper-I, I and 0.50 marks for each wrong answer on Paper II and Paper III.
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern|
|S. No.||Papers||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper-I: (Compulsory for all posts)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|2||Paper-II: Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||2 hours|
|3||Paper-III: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||2 hours|
The detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam pattern with the total no. of questions, maximum marks, and exam duration is explained in the table given below:
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 Exam Pattern|
|Sections||Module||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Section I||Module-I||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||1 hour|
|Module-II||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90|
|Section II||Module-I||English Language and Comprehension||45||135||1 hour|
|Section III||Module-I||Computer Knowledge Test||20||60||15 minutes|
|Module-II||Data Entry Speed Test||One Data Entry Task||15 minutes|
The detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3 Exam pattern with the total no. of questions, maximum marks and exam duration is explained in the table given below:
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3 Exam Pattern|
|Paper||Section||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper II||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|